CITES approach to compliance
Compliance Assistance Programme
At CoP18, the Parties established a new Compliance Assistance Programme (CAP) aimed at providing targeted support to Parties facing persistent compliance challenges. If a Party is facing compliance challenges, it is invited to approach the CITES Secretariat for advice and guidance.
More information about the CAP available here.
Identification of CITES compliance matters
- Resolution Conf. 8.4 (Rev. CoP15) National laws for the implementation of CITES
- Resolution Conf. 12.8 (Rev. CoP18) Review of Significant Trade in specimens of Appendix-II species
- Resolution Conf. 17.7 (Rev. CoP18) Review of trade in animal specimens reported as produced in captivity
- Resolution Conf. 11.7 National reports
- Resolution Conf. 10.10 (Rev. CoP18) Trade in elephant specimens (with respect to the provisions on the National Ivory Action Plan process)
- Article XIII (see below)